The Calvary church, built between 1729 and 1734, looks magnificent from Jurisics Square, especially if one is standing near the Heroes' Tower.In 1686 a cross was standing on the same spot, and a chapel was erected next to the cross in 1715, dedicated to St Donat. The cross was destroyed in a storm in 1726. They erected a new one, this time made of stone, and prepared a chapel made of wooden boards in 1727. It was the Jesuits who initiated a thorough refurbishment, the construction started in 1729, according to the foundation stone found in the place.
Religoious building / : religion
Address: 9730 Kálváriadomb street 0
GPS: 47.4, 16.5325